The past and present of personalized stickers labels
Mar 01, 2022
What Are Stickers？
The sticker is also called self-adhesive label material, which is a composite material with paper, film or special material as the fabric, adhesive on the back, and silicon-coated protective paper as the backing paper.
Due to various coating technologies, the sticker materials are formed in different grades. The development direction is from the traditional roller coating and blade coating to the high-pressure casting coating, to ensure the uniformity of the coating to the greatest extent and avoid The generation of air bubbles and pinholes ensuring the coating quality,
In the 1930s, sticker materials were first used in the United States. Due to the continuous expansion of the demand for this special composite material, sticker printing has gradually evolved into an independent printing field, and more and more companies are engaged in sticker label printing at home and abroad. . The unprecedented development of the printing industry in terms of production scale, technical level and market space has driven the development of sticker printing and has reached an unprecedented level.
The earliest stickers were produced in the hands of a chemist at 3M in the United States. That was in 1964 when he was researching various adhesive formulations and formulated a new type of adhesive that was more viscous but did not cure easily. Use it to stick things and peel off easily even after a long time. At that time, people thought that this kind of viscose would not have much effect, so it was not taken seriously.
By 1973, a new adhesive tape development team at 3M Company applied the adhesive to the back of the commonly used trademarks, and then stuck a piece of paper coated with a small amount of wax on the glue. In this way, the world's first personalized sticker label was born. As a result, the role of stickers has been discovered one after another, and more and more people use stickers.
The so-called sticker printing is the process of transferring ink and other substances through the printing plate to the surface of the substrate with a pre-coated adhesive layer on the back under a certain pressure. Compared with ordinary printing,
Stickers has the following characteristics:
1. Small investment and quick effect. Sticker prints are mostly trademarks and stickers, which are small in format, fast in printing and less in production waste.
2. The printing method is flexible. Stickers are not limited by printing methods, and traditional printing houses can use offset printing machines or screen printing machines to print.
3. Multiple functions, stickers are widely used in food, cosmetic products and barcodes, etc., and can also be used as signs in special environments such as electronic products and mechanical products.
Sticker labels are roughly divided into two types: one is paper self-adhesive labels, and the other is film self-adhesive labels.
1. Paper sticker labels are mainly used for liquid washing products and popular personal care products; film materials are mainly used for medium and high-end daily chemical products. At present, popular personal care products and household liquid washing products occupy a large proportion of the market, so the corresponding paper materials are used more.
2. Film sticker labels are commonly used PE, PP, PVC and other synthetic materials. The film materials are mainly white, matt and transparent. Since the printability of film materials is not very good, corona treatment is generally performed or a coating is added to the surface to enhance its printability. To prevent some film materials from being deformed or torn during the printing and labeling process, some materials are also subjected to directional treatment for uniaxial stretching or biaxial stretching. For example, the application of biaxially oriented BOPP materials is quite common.